Welcome

OFC is a mid-high elo team from league of legends, that also branches off in to other games including Blackops, PSO:BB, Console games from Emulators and WoW. OFC is already streaming at livestream, creating a website, and wanting to move on to a better stream hosting site. Currently, we rack in an average of 70 viewers, and because of our upcoming tournaments, and random give-a-ways, we are expecting our viewer base to increase.

Official Fun Club Own3d Stream

22

War on the Greys: My Thoughts

Saturday, March 19, 2011
   With all the posts about the summoners code popping up, I felt it was necessary to write a full blog post about the subject at hand. For those of you who have not read earlier posts of mine, I made it obvious that I was against the pact to join the followers of the summoners code. That being said, I am in no way against the code. To clarify, I cannot in good judgement accept a code of conduct that neither I, the community, nor the riot staff can or have followed themselves.


   The Summoners Code itself is wonderful. I enjoy the fact that Riot is attempting to take a stand against players with attitude problems. Unfortunately it's a code of conduct that nobody can really abide by. Lets face it, you as a company are potentially trying to fight the internet itself. Because it's a team game, there will always be players on your team that cost you the game. There will always be players who swear, feed, and in other words, throw the game because honestly, they don't care about you. What riot fails to realize is that a good majority of those players probably accepted the Summoners Code without reading a single line.


   I'm sure there will be some who try their best to be a positive asset to their teams, and work hard to help their teammates wherever possible. Please, keep it up. The issue I am trying to make is that you don't need to sign a contract in order to do so. Your personality is part of who you are, and people like you make these matches great.


   Here is a portion from a Riot-Supported thread on their site:


For you see, there is a problem in this community. Some more politically correct summoners would like to ignore it, or pretty their words or skirt around the issue we all know plagues this community. The problem I speak to you is, of course, the Greys.

Ignorant, disagreeable and brutish, the Greys would try to portray their cause one of freedom of choice, but in reality it is a backward clinging to traditional values that hold no place in modern, civilised society. I, for one, refuse to live in a world dominated by the presence of Greys and subject to the tyranny of the Grey Agenda.





   This person is essentially calling out anyone who has not accepted the code in a negative manner. Something that is against the forum rules, but Riot supports it. About a month ago, riot had to fire one of their interns because even he could not follow the code. Look back at the quoted portion above, and replace the word "darkies" or "greys" with any other racial slur you can think. Whether or not this post was a joke or not, it's still negative and should not be supported by Riot. Some are even throwing around "darkies" which is considered as a racial slur for African-descended people in many anti-grey movement threads.


   Like I have said in previous posts, I cannot in good judgement accept a code of conduct that I, nor the League of Legends community can or will abide themselves. Most who will publicly follow the code, but in game act no differently. People who will hop on a smurf account and feed, because it doesnt effect themselves. Players who only care about a badge on the forums, and have posts that stand out regardless of the content. Summoners who generally don't care about your code. If I have to be punished by having my posts be overlooked because I understand that accepting the code doesn't mean people will follow it, then fine.


   I still say this, I will try my best to follow the code and be a positive teammate for the sake of the match, But I cannot, and will not lie to you, to the community, and to myself by accepting the Summoners Code until I finally see a positive change in the community.


~Hokkaido


If you agree, I humbly ask you to support my thread (which I lazily copy/pasted from my own blog) at this link: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=592477

22 comments:

Nuker Zero said...

Here's hoping you don't get hung out to dry.

TheHarvester said...

wow man i love your layout. really awesome, you did this by yourself? def. have to check this blog out more often

1HipHopBlog said...

Awesome layout indeed! Nice blog, check out mine.

1+ Follower

Piets said...

I completely agree with TheHarvester, awesome layout!
totally followed :3

Teukka said...

I play Mundo 99% of time and like LoL in general :) Followed

Anonymous said...

I'm not saying that I agree.. but almost.

mehehehe said...

v nice

Robert Fünf said...

Personally, I believe that on a forum, you should have the right to say whatever you want. As long as everyone has the option to ignore that person, I don't see the big deal.

Rabidmoose said...

Forums can get pretty messy.

OFCHokkaido said...

Its not about them stopping what we say, its the fact that they are segregating the forums. The people who dont accept the code, will have their posts be overlooked regardless of content.

Lemmiwinks said...

great background on this, bro!

Cindy said...

I like the whole idea of the summoners code, and am glad someone finally did it.

Anonymous said...

I think you should have the freedom to say whatever the hell you want on a forum.

Picnaster said...

Nice blog... I'l be following.

The Laughing man said...

Hope to see you in LoL

D22 Zone said...

Love the layout man! keep up the great work!

Nyet Nyet said...

Your background image is awesome.

steve said...

you should be able to say what ever you want in any setting right guys? >.<

Gajewa469 said...

This was really informative! Nice theme on the blog, too.

Pics just for Kicks said...

Jameson said I should try out lol. If I did, could I join the clan?

OFCHokkaido said...

Hell yeah if you get good. Would love more competitive players

husar said...

really good blog

+ follower:)

Post a Comment